Or are you eating food that will make you far more susceptible to the severest of super virus’s ravages?
I am one of the 50 million people that have autoimmune disease. I am also one of the114 million that have diabetes. I do not have heart disease, but there are 121 million out there that do. In addition, there are 15.5 cancer survivors in the United States.
Why am I sharing all of this with you? All of us in the groups above are much more susceptible to the Corona-19 virus. Although this virus could KILL ANYONE, I am in the highly at-risk category with millions of other people.
Do you think you are so healthy that you are safe from the ravages of this disease?
“The sad reality is that 75 percent of Americans are overweight, and more than 42 percent are obese. Chronic disease affects 6 out of 10 Americans. Also 20 percent of normal-weight people have prediabetes. These shocking rates of poor metabolic health — with nearly 9 out of 10 American adults unhealthy — is a major reason the COVID-19 crisis is so much greater than it needs to be.”[i]
What is protecting me is that I have significantly changed to healthy habits since I first got autoimmune disease. Ido eat the rainbow. I try to eat all the colors of the spectrum every day because all those phytonutrients work together to build health in my body.
Why has Corona-19
hit some people harder than others? The common theory is that America eats poorly. The Standard American Diet consists of food like substances that are not real food. If you read a label and do not know what the ingredient is, trust me, your body doesn’t know what it is either.
Dr. Mark Hyman, the leading functional medical MD stated in a recent article “COVID-19 has pulled back the curtain to reveal just how unhealthy we are as a nation. Only about 12 percent of Americans are metabolically healthy, without a large waist, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, or high cholesterol. The major driver of poor metabolic health, which increases the risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19, is the nation’s diet — rich in starch, sugar, and processed foods and low in unprocessed food, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, good fats, seafood, nuts, and seeds.”
The United Stated is 37th in the world in health. And yet, the United States spends more on health care than any other country in the world. We are not achieving comparable performance with other Western countries. We have poor health outcomes, including low life expectancy and high suicide rates, compared to our peer nations. A relatively higher chronic disease burden and incidence of obesity contribute to the problem.
Its never too late to put healthy habits into place. So where to start? Start with eating real nutrients in real food.
- Buy whole organic foods and cook.
- Eat the rainbow. Your body needs what each color offers to your body and the colors work together to create health.
- Protein – Adequate high-quality protein is critical for immune function. Either animals that ate their species-specific diet, or vegan protein sources that are organic.
- Fortify with key vitamins and minerals- Suggested supplements to protect your immunity[ii] are-
- Vitamin C Liposomal Double for 2 weeks if you get sick. 3 grams to 6 grams daily. Take C to bowl tolerance. Will protect your lungs. Take Buffered and take with bioflavonoids
- Quercetin- Natures natural antihistamine also is good for your lungs, your kidneys and your brain.
- Oil of oregano – Carvacrol, a compound in oil of oregano, was shown to be more effective against certain viruses on its own
- Eat foods high in vitamin A
- Beef liver.
- Cod liver oil.
- Sweet potato.
- Black-eyed peas.
- Sweet red pepper.
- Potassium- Eat a diet that includes these foods: Cooked spinach, cooked broccoli, potatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, peas, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant, pumpkins, bananas, oranges, cantaloupe, honeydew, apricots, grapefruit
- Vitamin E– I take ubiquinol 100 mg Dr. Mercola
- Eat 2 Brazil nuts a day for selenium
- Eat an orange every day
- Drink green tea daily
- Drink chamomile tea daily
- Coconut oil – Generally considered anti-viral, trials have been proposed to test the ability of compounds in coconut oil such as lauric acid and the derivative monolaurin to prevent the adherence of COVID-19 to tissues. Unrefined coconut oils contain the most lauric acid (virgin and extra virgin, unfiltered).
- Melatonin –available in supplemental form, early studies show antioxidant properties by scavenging free radicals and by upregulating antioxidant pathways. Research suggests potential for human viral-induced conditions.
- 7 hours of sleep is now crucial– Read a book before sleep nx take magnesium, a relaxant, I take an Epsom salt bath before bed with lavender.
- Go outside and walk every day. Leave your phone home. Let your family know your route so they can find you if necessary.
- Control your stress-Do 2-3-minute stress exercises intermittently to release stress before it becomes chronic
- Get an air filter for your home
- Air out your home often
- Breathe deeply and regularly
It is never too late to start making health-conscious choices.
Take care of your body and teach your child to follow your example so that you all have a happy place to live and you protect yourself.
Follow me for more tips at cherylmhealthmuse.com
*Award winning book “It Feels Good to Feel Good, Learn to Eliminate Toxins, Reduce Inflammation and Feel Great Again.”
Cheryl cares about our health and has many many tips, an upcoming tv show and a podcast. you can follow her on FaceBook here www.facebook.com/cherylmhealthmuse
My latest book, Feeling Good Living Low Toxin in Community and Everyday Life is now available on Amazon. It is loaded with tips to keep you healthy in the days to come.
[i] Mark Hymen, MD in an article in the Boston Globe 5/7/20 “The link between coronavirus deaths and those french fries.”
[ii] Dr. Deanna Minich, a functional nutritionist
2 thoughts on “IS YOUR BODY STRONG ENOUGH TO PROTECT YOU FROM SUPER VIRUS’S?”
This is wonderful information. As a health coach myself I can affirm the value of the above foods and supplements making a difference. I would add to make sure to move your body often and if possible outside in the morning sunlight; even barefoot or with grounding shoes (Earth Runners, Harmony 783, and Groundals). Cheryl is the real deal and she has the utmost passion for spreading the word and helping others. Book an appointment with her and you will be heard as an individual and met where you are. She will inspire and guide you forth to health you have been craving.