54% of our children have a chronic illness. I just find that appalling.
The more I learn about toxins and our health, the more scared I have become for our children and our future generations.
We are feeding our children a bleak diet of fructose, diet and sugar pop, and chemicals in processed/fast food and this is making them diseased at a much earlier age than ever before. Fatty liver disease is on the rise in adults, but also in our children setting the dismal stage for liver transplants, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and abnormal cholesterol.
Instead of changing how our children eat, doctors are prescribing harsh medications, and this sets up a rather bleak picture for our children’s health.
All these sugars and chemicals interrupt our children’s learning abilities, their memory, their energy levels, their moods, their skin, their digestion. It is not pretty.
As a result, 54% of our children have a chronic illness.
You and your family may have become addicted to the sugar and the synthetic ingredients in processed and fast foods.
Why is this happening to our children? It links directly back to the Standard American Diet. This consumption of processed and fast foods processed frozen foods, and restaurant foods that are not using fresh ingredients, is feeding us an illusion that we have eaten, but in reality, we are all starving for nutrition. All of us that are eating this fake food have nutrient deficiencies and have cellular malnourishment. It’s what is wrong with our health. It’s what is wrong with our health care system.
“Advertising what children watch on television is making it worse. Our children are being bombarded with powerful marketing on TV from Big Food promoting unhealthy processed food-like substances. Big Food spends billions of dollars on marketing junk food to our children each year. The average child in the United States sees over 6,000 ads for junk food and soda on TV and even more on social media. Poor and minority children are being targeted even more aggressively.” Mark Hyman Functional MD
The net result is that we are getting Standard American Diseases and if we keep eating this way, we will all die of Standard American Diseases.
Big Food has rigged the system. Obesity is big business. Big Food is not concerned with our health as a nation, they are concerned about their profits. Their ingredients are addictive, mucking around with our feel-good hormones of Dopamine, Serotonin, and Gaba, and even worse added hidden sugars and chemicals in this food that is turning off our appetite monitoring hormones of Leptin and Gherlin.
To win, we need to break our addiction to these ingredients and reactivate the hormones that regulate appetite.
- Leptin controls our hunger. When leptin is not working properly, our brain thinks it is starving, so we are driven to eat. These addictions suppress this hormone.
- They also muck around with our hormone Ghrelin so the hypothalamus does not receive a signal to stop eating, which leads to overeating.
We go through withdrawal when we stop eating sugar and synthetic ingredients. `When this addiction is broken, we get back our tastebuds so that our body savors eating real foods, real food tastes better.
Your body celebrates because it receives all the nutrients it needs to build health. Now it’s important to cook to control what goes into your body.
Once you and your family detox off these nasty chemicals, it is so much easier to stay the course of healthy eating. Food TASTES so much better when all these chemicals are gone from the diet. Since your taste buds change, when your body is screaming for nutrients, they taste unbelievably good to your body.
Remember, children are little pitchers. They mimic what they see you do, so if you detox off the sugar and teach them how to eat a diet of all the phytonutrients available in nature to make them strong superheroes, they will want to follow what they see you do.
Make them into Super Veggie Rangers and have them be the influencers with their friends.
I intend to inspire you to clean up poor quality food, if you have children, for your children’s health. This is so important, and if you are a parent and you are not aware of these statistics, I want to open your eyes.
- 54% of our children now have a chronic illness.
- 30% are overweight
- One in three children born today will develop type 2 diabetes.
- Four out of ten will be overweight estimated in 5 more years. There is a fundamental problem happening around our country when it comes to how we feed our kids and the lifelong health risks they face as a result.
- Obesity puts kids at risk for medical problems that can affect their health now and in the future. These include serious conditions like Type II diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol — all once considered adult diseases.
Overweight and obese kids are also at risk for:
- Learning disabilities.
- Poor memory
- Bone and joint problems
- Shortness of breath that makes exercise, sports, or any physical activity more difficult. This also can make asthma symptoms worse or lead kids to develop asthma.
- Restless sleep or breathing problems at night, such as sleep apnea.
- A tendency to mature earlier. Overweight kids may be taller and more sexually mature than their peers, raising expectations that they should act as old as they look, not as old as they are. Overweight girls may have irregular menstrual cycles and fertility problems in adulthood.
- Half of the obese children may have fatty liver. Fatty liver is a dangerous yet misunderstood disease. In America, it affects 90 million of us and 17 percent of our children. (13 million children)
- Increase in children in gallbladder disease. Gallstones are made of cholesterol. The liver manufactures cholesterol.
- 16% have learning disabilities.
- 11% of our children have asthma.
- 10% of our children have ADHD.
- 8% of our children have food allergies. There are no statistics on how many of our children have food sensitivities. (Although this would be important to know, conventional medicine poo-poos the concept of food sensitivities. An allergy creates an immediate reaction and can be deadly. A sensitivity starts a “slow burn” and becomes an illness over a longer period. Sensitivities lead to inflammation (slow burn) Sensitivities are also known as “food intolerances,” and it is estimated that 20% of our population struggles with sensitivities. My bet is, if the medical community took “food sensitivities” seriously, it would be recognized to be a much larger percentage. I have 15 food sensitivities and consider them my kryptonite. Eliminating these 15 foods from my diet gave me immediate pain relief. We need to identify them in our children so that we can also help them avoid them for their health.)
- 5% of our children have seizures
- 5% of all our children have autism
- By the time our children are 5, they can have as much as 7 pounds of chemicals in their little bodies.
GENERAL FOOD SUGGESTIONS:
- Stop allowing your children to eat processed food and fast food.
- You are electing to feed them for convenience and not for nutrition and their health.
- What should you be feeding your children? Real organic fruits and vegetables.
- It does not take that long to make meals with real live food. The benefits are enormous.
- Cook for your children. Control what you are feeding them
- Use quality ingredients. Eat organic. Eliminate all the toxins you can from your life and your child’s life.
- Give them real food that grew on the earth.
Why is it important to eat all the colors of the rainbow?
- All the colors of real live foods have gifts for the body. Research shows that different colors are good for different conditions of the human body.
- There are variations of nutrients in each of the colors. This is something that most people don’t know.
- The typical diet provides more than 25,000 bioactive food components.
- Phytochemicals also referred to as phytonutrients, are found in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, beans, herbs, spices, nuts, and seeds and are classified according to their chemical structures and functional properties.
- Each color in fruits and vegetables is caused by specific phytonutrients, which are natural chemicals that help protect plants from germs, bugs, the sun’s harmful rays, and other threats.
- Each color indicates an abundance of specific nutrients.11
- Eating all the colors of the rainbow creates a varied population of healthy gut bacteria.
- Specific foods, not just diet, have a huge influence on our microbiome.
- Eat as close to the farm as possible. Where your food is grown, impacts the “gifts” that each food has to offer.
- Variety is key because of the synergy of the different phytochemicals working together.
- Variety in eating all the colors lowers inflammation. This helps prevent many of our chronic diseases.
- Eating all the colors of the rainbow neutralizes free radicals and lowers oxidative stress.
Your diet must include a variety of multiple foods in each color group. It is Important to Eat the Rainbow. Diversity is Key.
I want to share a testimonial from one of my first clients. I am doing this for any of you who think you can not influence your children and grandchildren enough for them to change.
“As you will remember, all of my kids and grandkids pushed back when Carl and I stopped eating processed and fast food. Flash forward a year and grandkids are used to grandma not having cookies in the cookie jar. Lol. Apples are a great treat.
My children and their families have gone from being upset that I was not cooking family favorites with all the sugar and chemicals on Sunday, to adopting healthier eating now as well. Their children and grandchildren are growing up eating fruits and veggies. I became the big influencer in the family without pushing it, just by being the example. When the family went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house, they ate healthy food.
The family credits you, Cherylmhealthmuse, for all their health successes. My brother who has cancer has your books too. You cannot get him to touch sugar at all!
He will ask if there is sugar in something if he is not sure. His doctors are incredibly happy with his progress.” Val P
Val took my April 2021 Sugar detox to get the latest information. She is now a big believer in the power of eating organic real food.
You can be the big influencer in your family as well. Start buying real fruits and veggies, organic, and start to cook for your family. Enroll your children to help you cook. Offer them healthy choices for meals, and then have them choose from that healthy menu. Teach your children to read labels.
Have at least one meal together around the table a day and share the stories of your days as you eat your meals. They will see you eating healthy, and they will copy you.
These are the benefits of feeding your children real nutrients from real plant food.
- You will consciously eliminate the toxins that are in the synthetic ingredients of process and fast foods.
- You will be feeding your child real nutrients. This gives your child all the right building blocks to grow a strong mind and body.
- As a result, your child will have more learning power and better memory.
- Your child will be less likely to be obese and more likely to be a healthy normal weight. They will have more energy.
- You will be encouraging your child to eat well for their entire life by setting a healthy example.
- 4 out of 5 of the deadliest toxins in our children’s bodies come from food. Buy organic and cook real food.
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver has increased in children more than 20 times. This is occurring from the toxins in their food that they are eating, and from all of the sugar, they are drinking in soda. If it’s diet soda, they are harmful chemicals as well. Fatty liver impacts every organ in your child’s body. By feeding your child all the colors of the rainbow, organic, you lower the possibility of chronic disease in your child
- If they eat real plant food, you improve your child’s immunity, and they are stronger against childhood disease.
- You lower your child’s toxic load, which allows them to ward off chronic illness by avoiding “leaky gut. Chronic illnesses are autoimmune, diabetes, cancer, and heart issues.
- If you involve your child in where food comes from and if you teach them how to cook healthy meals, you are teaching them to be better food consumers.
- Children learn from your example as their parents, so your healthy example helps them have a healthier life.
- Disease runs in families because habits run in families. Help them leave the switch off for any genetic inheritance.
- Motivate with a reward system that does not include sweets (or processed French fries like the bribe in the TV ad.) Maintain your child’s great health. Share fun experiences with them instead. Gardening, hiking, kite flying, bike riding, collecting, there are wonderful things to do with your child instead of feeding them chemicals.
- Empower your child to be a Super Veggie Ranger and to be a healthy influencer with their peers.
If you want your child to grow up and thrive, start today. It’s never too late to start to put healthy habits into place.
I run a sugar and processed food detox once a quarter. It’s not expensive and it is so worth it to ditch these chemicals and the sugar to the curb. Contact me at email@example.com for more information.