I am running a sugar detox, Kick Sugar to the Curb starting June 7, 2021. For more information-
This is my article that ran in Brainz, an international digital magazine March 11, 2021where I have been named a top 500 influencer..
To change your health, you must decide that you are no longer willing to tolerate whatever your health issue is.
You need to have clarity about what you want to achieve and believe that this time it will work. You will need a strong “why.”
Your “why” needs to be greater than your comfort in staying the same.
You need to play to win. You are not going to “try” you are going to succeed.
“Trying” is wanting credit for something you will never do.[i]
Trying is not the same as playing to win. As Yoda said, “Do. Or do not. There is no try.[ii]
You need to own your health issue and take back your power to solve it.
Detoxing off sugar will allow you to take a giant step forward with your health to succeed.
WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT? WANT TO LOWER YOUR INFLAMMATION AND REDUCE YOUR PAIN OF CHRONIC DISEASE?
To adopt healthy habits and change your eating, it all starts with sugar. Sugar is a poison that is addictive, and you need to break that addiction to HEAL YOUR PAIN or to LOSE WEIGHT. It’s not about willpower. Sugar takes away control over our eating patterns. It gives you fatty liver and impacts your heart and kidney. It creates a “leaky gut”. It’s an addiction. It messes with the hormones that regulate your appetite. It impacts your mood and your brain.
Losing weight is not about “willpower.” Sugar becomes “won’t power.” Your problem isn’t you. You did not stand a chance. You are addicted to sugar and chemicals in processed and fast food. And there are large amounts of hidden sugars in processed foods and fast food, which call your name and make it difficult to stay the course.
Kicking the sugar to the curb is the first step to get your health back. We get to choose. Are we going to feed our body’s health? Or are we going to feed our bodies sickness? This is a 4-week plan to get you over the addiction, and we will all do it together.
What does sugar impact?
Your hormones that regulate hunger
Your immune system
Fatty Liver disease, which is the #1 cause of heart disease (more than smoking cigarettes.)
Small particle cholesterol
Aging (shortens telomeres)
Skin (sugar causes wrinkles)
Above is a partial list.
Fake sugars also impact the body in harmful ways and are poor alternatives. And the chemicals and omega 6 oils in processed food and fast food make the addictions and the health issues amplified. Its an evil combination for your body and your health.
Benefits for weight loss
- You will break the addiction and reactivate the hormones that regulate appetite.
-Leptin will function properly in your body controlling your hunger. When leptin is not working properly, your brain thinks it is starving, so you are driven to eat. Your sugar addiction had been suppressing your leptin.
– Sugar also mucks around with your hormone ghrelin so the hypothalamus does not receive as strong of a signal to stop eating, which can lead to overeating.
You will gain “willpower” once your break your addiction.
- You will lose weight. Clinical studies have found consistent data that body weight changes correlate directly with increasing or decreasing the intake of sugars.
- You will have less body fat.
- Your palate will become more attuned to the natural sweetness of fruits and vegetables.
- You will find “eating the rainbow” more enjoyable. Your body needs the synergy of these phytonutrients to work together to create health.
- Your taste buds will be reactivated.
- Sugary snacks like donuts and cake will not have the same irresistible appeal they once had.
- You will be able to make clear-headed decisions and enjoy those types of treats in the extreme moderation they deserve.
- You will develop a distaste for sugar, it will taste way too sweet – Your cravings should now be quite low.
- You will stop indulging in things that you did not want in the first place.
- You will stop hijacking healthy eating.
- You can now lose weight without dieting. And it will be sustainable.
- The emotional roller coaster of losing and gaining weight will be over. You will have food freedom.
Benefits for self-esteem
- You will find it easier to have a positive mindset. You will develop “won’t” power.
- You will feel better about yourself and have more confidence.
- You will look better, and you will see it in the mirror.
- Others will notice how much better you look.
- You will feel healthier.
Benefits for Health, Inflammation, and/or Chronic disease
If you have a chronic ailment, this is the first step to stop harmful inflammation in your body.
- You will have less pain. You will have fewer joint aches & pains.
- You will have fewer headaches.
- You will have less agita. You can eliminate antacid medications.
- You will improve digestive issues which are often attributed to a high consumption of sugar.
- As sugar is replaced by healthy vegetables, healthy fats, and proteins, the issues of bloating, upset stomach, and those gas attacks…will decrease dramatically.
- You will have taken an important step in healing your “leaky gut.
- You will improve your skin- acne, psoriasis, eczema.
- You will increase the collagen in your skin. Collagen helps keep the skin-tight.
- You will slow your aging process. You will be protecting your telomeres.
- You will look years younger.
- You will get sick less often.
- You will strengthen your immune system, so your body can fight against cold, flu, and allergy, and the next Super Virus.
- You will learn more easily and improve your memory. You will protect your brainpower.
- You will improve your mood and have less depression & anxiety.
- You will have fewer mood swings from sugar imbalances
- You will lower your risk for dementia and cognitive issues as you age.
- You will improve your thyroid health.
- You will improve your dental health. You will lower the possibility of gum disease.
- You will improve your liver health and as a result your heart, lungs, kidneys, and gut health.
- You will improve your blood pressure. You will lower your triglycerides. You will improve lower LDL cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol). You will lower your “small particle” cholesterol, which is harmful to body systems. You will be less likely to have a heart attack.
- You will decrease your risk for cancer.
- You will improve your sleep and insomnia. Getting continuous 7 hours of sleep is crucial for health.
- You will improve your longevity.
Benefits for Lifestyle Improvements
BENEFITS FOR LIFESTYLE IMPROVEMENTS
- You will realize how much sugar you were eating.
- You will regain your love of cooking or you will learn how to cook, or you will learn how to cook differently—and much better.
- You will save money.
- You will be feeding your body real nutrients which will in turn significantly improve your health. You can now control what you eat.
- You will forge better friendships-nothing is more endearing than gathering around the dinner table at home and cooking a meal for a friend.
- You will include the people whom you love spending time with—not only to help ensure your success but also to bring people closer.
- You will inspire others with your results; you will naturally get other people re-evaluating how they eat.
- You will have your friends share their recipes and experiences with you so that you can all continue to inspire one another.
- Your improved eating tastes better with friends, and with friends, it is easier to sustain. You influence and are influenced within 2 degrees of separation.
- You get your taste buds back and real food tastes fantastic.
You will feel accomplished that you finally kicked sugar and cravings to the curb. You will feel good about yourself. You will know that you can now sustainably lose the weight and your inflammation without sabotaging yourself. You will be able to incorporate healthy habits that significantly improve your health.
I am a health coach and specialize in helping people take their power back over their health to reverse chronic conditions. I run periodic sugar detoxes as a 4-week program so that you can break your addiction to sugar once and for all. Most of the sugar that we have in our diets comes from processed and fast foods. Since it is an addiction, it is easier to kick sugar to the curb with group support. My sugar detox sessions are via group zoom and are on replay. There is a private Facebook group with office hours.
If you are interested in joining me on our next sugar detox contact me at email@example.com. I am also available for private coaching via zoom. And check out my blog at https://cherylmhealthmuse.com. I have written several articles about sugar, and your why to ditch it once and for all.