New article in Brainz Magazine, a digital magazine that is read in 80 countries about health. I am honored to be one of their top 500 contributors because I my articles on health
15 Steps To Improve Your Health This Fall and Boost Your Immune System
Written by: Cheryl Meyer, Executive Contributor
Executive Contributors at Brainz Magazine are handpicked and invited to contribute because of their knowledge and valuable insight within their area of expertise.
1. Build a supportive community that enjoys similar healthy habits.
2. Learn how to have optimal liver health.
I have done 3 podcasts on liver health, the liver’s function, its importance, what to eat for liver health, what supplements support liver health. Eat cruciferous vegetables, and bitters and eliminate toxins in all areas of your life.
3. Eat a healthy diet; health is multi-factional.
Eat the rainbow-all the nutrients, phytochemicals, catechins flavanols, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, fatty acids create a synergy to create resistance to disease and a sense of vitality. Eat low sugar, low chemicals, no processed or fast food. Include healthy omega 3 fats and fiber.
4. Avoid GMO oils. They are often vegetable omega-6 oils.
GMO oils have BT Toxins in them or the crop they are from has been heavily doused in Glyphosate (Roundup known by Monsanto’s own research to cause cancer). Both are toxic to the body.
5. If the fruit or veggie is on the dirty dozen list, buy it organic.
You don’t need a heavy dose of poison with every bite. This list has been sprayed with pesticides and herbicides. This list is put out every year by EWG.org, and these items could have as many as 73 different toxins on them that range from neurotoxins, known or probable carcinogens, suspected hormone disruptors, developmental or reproductive toxins, and environmental toxins. Many of these toxins are also killing our bees and butterflies. No pollinators no food.
6. If the food or vegetable is genetically modified, buy organic.
US Grocery store PLU code: Organic produce has a five-digit code beginning with “9.” Conventionally grown produce has a four-digit code. GMO produce begins with “8.”
7. Ask your MD to run the new cholesterol test for LDL particle size. Small particle LDL is dangerous. You need the other cholesterols for brain and cellular health.
8. Don’t smoke.
Smoking distributes toxins and heavy toxic metals into your body and taxes your liver to expel them.
9. Maintain a healthy weight.
10. Exercise 3-5 times a week.
Move for liver and heart health and to maintain flexibility.
11. Practice stress management-
Twice a day take a 3-minute break to breathe and reset your parasympathetic nervous system. I use Dr. Andrew Weil’s 4-7-8 breathing exercise.
12. Get 7 continuous hours of sleep a night.
13. Use an electric air purifier in the rooms in your house where you spend the most time to reduce environmental pollutants in your home.
14. Make sure you maintain adequate Vitamin D and Magnesium levels. Ask your MD to test the next time you see him.
15. Start to look up ingredients on your personal care and cleaning products on EWG.org.
Trade out items that have high toxin scores with lower toxin items. My book It Feels Good to Feel Good, Learn to Eliminate Toxins, Reduce Inflammation, and Feel Great Again shares what I found and what I now use to lower my toxic load. Available on Amazon.
Follow my podcasts for more health information.
I run quarterly detoxes to remove toxic ingredients from what you eat and break the addiction.
Join my mailing list and enter a contest to win a boxed set of my two books. One entry per person.
Contact me at Cherylmhealthmuse@gmail.com for information on the next detox.